Thursday, March 5, 2009

March Spin Alongs

Several of the Ravelry groups I belong to have spin alongs, so this month I've decided to participate.
The Spindlers group has a theme for their spin along each month, this month's theme is Romance. So I thought I would spin the batt I received in my Phat Fiber box from Silver Sun Alpacas. Its called Wine & Chocolate (two things that might be included in a romantic evening) and is a blend of alpaca, wool and mohair fibers. Here is a link to the shop http://www.silversunalpacas.etsy.com/



The All Spun Up group is for fans of Kristin's shop on etsy http://www.allspunup.etsy.com/ In order to participate in this spin along everyone purchases a Spin Along Mystery Fiber from the shop. This month's is BFL top, but the color isn't revealed until you get it in the mail. I just got mine yesterday, it's beautiful blue and brown. Of course I couldn't resist purchasing some merino/silk from her shop too.
But before I can start anything for the spin alongs, I have to finish the Falkland roving I'm spinning. It's the Neapolitan I purchase from cloudlover69 and it's turning out beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment