Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spring Flowers

Well sort of , without intending it all of the fibers in this post are named after flowers :0) My latest purchase from Natural Obsessions was 8 oz of Wensleydale in Iris and 8 0z of merino in Daffydills. The wensleydale has a totally different feel than the superwash merino, it will be interesting to see how it spins. I'm really having fun working with the different fibers, the way
each one has its own texture makes it exciting.

I just finished spinning the sample of merino/tencel I received in my Phat Fiber box from Natural Obsessions. It's called Scarlet Roses, this fiber has a much more slippery feel to it. The yarn is very shiny and silky looking. It turned out about worsted weight.


I have begun shopping for a spinning wheel. The hubby and I agreed if he can get a new power tool with some of our income tax refund, I can use some of it to get a spinning wheel. The only thing I have decided on for sure is that it has to be fairly compact due to space issuses. Since I don't have the money in hand yet there is still plenty of time to window shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment