Monday, February 16, 2009

Spinning Right Along

I had a wonderful fiber weekend. I finished spinning the other half of the Autumn Storms fiber, it turned out super. I also received two more fiber packages in the mail. My second order from NaturalObsessions 8 oz. of superwash merino "Strawberry Shortcake". The other package was a sampler from Sheepish Creations. It included a sample of merino and a sample of Romney, which I haven't tried yet. You can check out Sheepish Creations here http://www.sheepishcreations.etsy.com/






My hubby also attempted to make me a spindle for plying, my other spindle was giving me problems when plying my singles. When it gets full the yarn keeps falling off the hook. The bigger whorl did help with that problem but the spindle was super unbalanced. So its back to the drawing board.



I'm currently testing out some patterns to possibly use my handspun yarn. I'm using commercial yarns of similar weight and texture because I don't want to have to rip out so much with my handspun.

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to start looking at spinning wheels.... ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention that, I just found out how much we're getting for our tax return. I'm already plotting and browsing. LOL

    ReplyDelete